Friday, May 26, 2006

CATASTROPHE!!!!

*sob* Aluminum DPNs must die! I was boppin' along finishing up my fuzzy hat last night and ended up pushing one of the DPNs out and dropping a ton of stitches. I did everything I could to save everyone but it simply wasn't happening. My recovery skillz leave much to be desired.
The hat is no more. It has ceased to be.
I'll probably go restart it in a few. I was too frustrated to do so last night.
Actually, it's not really the end of the world. I was planning to start a second one to use up the rest of the trim yarn and some Lamb's Pride worsted I has left over from another project. I like to keep a simple hat on the needles for mindless knitting moments. I just didn't want to have to knit that exact hat again. :P But I do need something to take with me to the movies tonight. I'd been working on it while rewatching the first two X-Men movies with the boy this week so I guess it's fitting to resurect it during the third movie, right?
I suppose I'll go redo the fluffy ribbing so I won't have to fool with that in the dark.
Poo.

For good measure, here's a picture of the first hat I ever made. Smurftastic version of SnB Hot Head pattern in Lamb's Pride Bulky.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/thekittenavenger3/first_hat.jpg

No comments: