Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Death by Cashmerino

Rough, ain't it? ;) The killer socks arrived yesterday. As you can see, they are lovely teal Debbie Bliss Cashmerino. War is hell.

Here's an action shot. This is my first pair of handknit socks of my very own!! So cool. :) Even cooler that they were knit by two people!
I really love this pattern for house socks because it's so squishy. Combined with the Cashmerino or Ultra Alpaca, it's just fabulous. My secret pal will soon be the proud owner of a pair as well. I won't divulge any details yet just to be on the safe side.


I snatched this next shot from my target's blog because it's just too funny not to share. XD (I love her carpet too.)


And here's a shot of the mini-clapotis in progress. I love the way the colors are turning out. Really neat. :) I started the second ball yesterday but didn't get to work on it a lot. I'll be taking it to class with me today and working more on it tonight.
On Friday I'll be ordering 3 skeins of this for my shawl version. While I'm at it I have to have this and this as well. (*best* customer service EVER... really a lovely lady to deal with)
If it weren't for my kittys, I'd have to start decorating with her yarn. I think you can see why:




If you pull the Mermaid skein apart a bit you can see all the neat color variations in there. It's really nifty. Can't wait to work it up!

Okie dokie, there's the photo update. :) Now I must go get ready for class.

3 comments:

Elisa said...

Deb's stuff is the absolute best. I love your color choices - the lilac will be stunning in a shawl.

I've used 2 skeins of Exotic Wood in my cashmere shawl so far, with one more to go. Three skeins is a tad expensive, but I'm treating myself. I love, love, love the feel of the yarn and the colors are much better than my photos can capture. I just bought 3 skeins of the Sizzle red on red for a shawl. Not sure what pattern yet; just knew I had to have that yarn. I'm going to have to ration myself or I'll spend all my Christmas present $$ on Deb's yarn!

Elisa said...

Just posted a photo of my finished socks, using Deb's Peppermint Pink. I was showing them off today to people I barely knew. (grin) I'm just a tad excited to have an FO to wear. http://yarn-tails.blogspot.com/2006/10/fabulous-socks.html

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you are now dead too (Hee Hee). I love my carpet too. When we bought the hose I said to my Hubby that the first thing we are going to do is rip up the ugly carpet. I'm glad now that we didn't and the place just wouldn't be the same without it. Oh and it hides spills and stains like you wouldn't believe!