Monday, October 16, 2006

It was bound to happen...

Yep, I finally got around to atarting a Clapotis. They're mandantory, right? ;) This one will be smaller than the pattern because I only have 450yrds of the Simply Soft Shadows I'm using. (It's the green one which is much nicer looking than the photo.) Hopefully I'll have enough to make it a decent length. I did 3 increase reps and I'm on my third straight rep. It's coming out nicely. I can see now why everyone is so crazy about this pattern. It's almost mindless with just enough entertainment and it works up really quickly. This is my practice run (and an excuse to get this nifty cheap yarn). I'm planning to order some of the new tone-on-tone yarn from Fearless Fibers to make a big shawl sized one. I just loooove her yarn! The colors make me hungry. You ahould go buy everything she has to save me from doing it. ;)

Of course I'll have to take some pics of my Clapotis in progress. I planned to do that today but Dad's in last-minute-tax-mode so I got the hell out of there. :P It's overcast anyway. I'll probably need some good sunlight to get a decent representation of the colors in the yarn.

Well, my bro is out of the shower and eyeballing me menacingly for holding up his computer so I better run.

No comments: