Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Ah, it's a nice rainy day. Not much rain anymore but it was nice to sleep through this morning.

Yesterday was awesome, weather-wise. I walked out the door to go to class inthe morning and stopped dead in my tracks out of shock... it was...COOL!! Not less-than-100-degrees cool, the real kind. Fabulous. Of course it's humid and pretty warm again today but it was certainly nice while it lasted.
It's a damn good thing too since the AC froze up and had to be turned off early in the monring. :P Note to self: do not leave blankets piled up in front of the AC. Ooops.

I'm really looking forward to Fall/Winter this year. I used to dread it because I have a bit of Seasonal Affective Disorder and would get (sometimes pretty severely) depressed once it cooled off and there was less light. I still have to careful not to get into a big slump or anything but it's much much better. I also used to hate the holidays. Probably something siding along with the depression. I'm not sure exactly what changed there. I'm still not a big holiday person but anything's less dreary when it brings a ton of great knitting opportunities, right? ;) Ask me again a couple weeks before Christmas when I'm terribly behind... I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune. Lol.
But I can't wait for it to cool off! I'm quite ready for that.

Wow, in about a month I'll have been home for a year. It's been an amazingly short and amazingly long year at the same time. I'm in a much better place than I was a year ago and that's good because I feel like I'm following through on the stuff I wanted to change and get going. Doing much better. :)

Oooh, I got an emai from Deb at Fearless Fibers letting me know my special request is ready! SO gorgeous! Hopefully I can go ahead and order it by the end of the week or so. 'Course, it's part of my Christmas from Daddy so I don't get it yet. I'm sure I could have it if I wanted but I've instructed Mom to keep it until Christmas. I won't be able to play with it until after my Christmas knitting is done anyway and that way I have more cool stuff at Christmas and it'll still be brand new to me. :) It'll also be nicely complimented by my KP Options set and Barbara Walker treasuries. (And I wonder why I'm looking forward to Christmas this year. LOL)

My orders shipped too. Elann shipped Monday and KnitPicks shipped yesterday. I can't wait to get started. I have a couple more rows of ribbing and the first toe-up sock will be done. The second shouldn't take too long either so I'll be rarin' to go by this weekend.

Is it just me or do toe-up socks seem to go faster? I cranked that puppy out compared to my other top-down ones. Maybe I'm just picking up speed. Maybe it's having the toe and heel (the identifiable parts) show up first. Maybe it's because I hate ribbing so starting there holds me up a bit. And maybe it's because I have only been knitting on that one sock this week. That's amazing. Haha. I never work on *one* project at a time. That's pretty much the plan for the holiday knitting though. Since they're small projects I'm thinking it might actually work.

There *will* be pictues again soon too!! :D I'm not going to be able to get a camera like I wanted but Daddy got a really nice one for work that I'll be able to use a little. Yay.
I've dropped not-so-subtle hints that the boy should get me a camera for Christmas but I'm sure as hell not counting on it. Boys can remain oblivious to even the most obvious things and he's certainly no exception to that rule. :P
And of course he has to be one of those "I wanna surprise you" gift givers. That's all well and good but really I'd rather just pick stuff out for myself this year. Ask me what I want, take me shopping, give me gift cards, whatever. Eh, we'll see how he does, I guess. He won't listen to reason so it better be impressive. I know what the ex he wasn't even with got last year and mine better be even better. ;) Then again, looks like he's counting on a Christmas bonus to do the shopping with. Personally, I'm not sure that's the best plan the way things have been going around there but again, you can't reason with him on certain things. He likes it in his bubble. :P

Anyway, it's time to go eat and get on with the day. I have an accounting test this evening so I need to study and what not.

No comments: