Saturday, September 09, 2006

Christmas

Well, I got to place my Christmas yarn orders today. Well, the yarn for Christmas presents, not the yarn I want for Christmas. I can't wait for two boxes of yarn to show up on the doorstep! :D Of course this excitement is (barely) tempered by the knowledge that I must knit (most of) said yarn in the next few months. :P
Hopefully I'm not getting myself in too deep this year.

- 3-4 pairs of socks
- 1 pair of fingerless gloves
- some dish/washcloths and crocheted potholders.

I've started the cloths already. I have two done. I'd like to end up with 5 or 6 I guess. 2-4 potholders. I can make two potholders in one day though.
It can't be as bad as last year. I didn't even learn to knit until November! Then everyone wanted scarves. :P I had three done by Christmas and the other two a few months later (I hated the yarn and the needles). That makes the socks sound less intimidating. Besides, I got the jump on it this year, right? Of course there's still the Haloween costume I want to make and the various other projects I have going and school and... yeah...

Ok, I admit it... Christmas is just an excuse to order a bunch of yarn. ;)

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

I've started on my Xmas knitting too but I'm already behind. I had this nice little spreadsheet put together with everyone's name and what I was going to make them. And I even put what month I need to complete them. Yes, I might be a little obsessive.

Did I stick to my list? Nope, I've been knitting a cardigan for me. But I have gotten a few things done. Mostly bags to felt that I'm going to uses a gift bags.

Good luck on your Xmas knitting!